A Microsoft nod to Mozilla?

You may have heard or read about last week’s dialog. If not, here it is in brief:

• First, Eric Schmidt, Google CEO, scared a few millions people by saying it’s not possible to keep things in private. His suggestion: just not do that stuff. Media goes crazy.
  • Mozilla’s Asa Dotzler suggested using Microsoft’s Bing search engine, as it has the “less bad” privacy policy. As Mozilla’s deal with Google accounts for about 90% of its revenue, he’s in brief, saying: screw the bottom line, the mission is first. Business as usual for Mozilla. Media goes crazy about integrity.

And today, someone with enough sense of humor at Microsoft, decided to feature a firefox as Bing’s background photo!

Firefox featured in Bing

Via Robert Accetura.

1. techpops December 15, 2009 11:44 am

Well strike me down with thors hammer. Firefox is real! I had no idea. Must find out about this creature.

Very witty inside joke there on Bing too :)

火 狐

It does seem there is some doubt over whether the two characters for fire and fox when together make firefox but heck, it’s good enough for me.

2. Mohan December 15, 2009 4:08 pm

I saw that yesterday and showed it off in the office (I work as a web developer whit other nerds….I mean web developers) and we had a blast. I had to take a shot of this and archive it.

3. techpops December 15, 2009 4:55 pm

I got a kick out of it and would have missed it otherwise so nice one capturing it :)

4. Dresandreal Sprinklehorn December 15, 2009 10:17 pm

I agree with Eric Schmidt. Don’t do bad things and your momma won’t find out.

• techpops December 15, 2009 11:05 pm

That’s it, you agree with the nice man and do right by your momma. Now you go outside and play now.

5. Seth January 15, 2010 8:55 am

That’s not a fox, let along the fiery one. It’s a panda.

• techpops January 16, 2010 8:23 am

Yes its a Red Panda but the Chinese name translates to fire fox. I spent some time watching videos and reading about these animals. They are absolutely awesome. I’m now using a more fitting icon for my firefox