The dark (theme) side of Firefox

For those inclined to black or dark desktops, here are six nice Firefox themes you want to give a try.

Pictured here on Windows XP with the Royal Noir theme for darker effect. All available from Mozilla Add-ons, but for those marked experimental you will need an account.

avant.garde.10011:nerom created by Rob Holian.  (experimental)

Black Steel by Ben Griscom. (experimental)

Dark Revisited by Matthew Baerbock. (experimental)

Gradient iCool by Edward Mak.

Midnight Fox by TwisterMC.

Ruler Dark by dkgo. (experimental)

Tagged: , ,

1. mau October 26, 2008 4:12 pm

@Raiaz…. you had to be kidding, right? It is horrible!!!
    Sorry.

2. Castro October 26, 2008 5:17 pm

I miss the Black Japan theme. It was an awesome sleek black theme that was minimal and sleek. I am waiting on the upgrade for it.

3. ptah October 26, 2008 6:03 pm
    • twipsta February 10, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks for the links to these addons/themes.

I have been looking for a way to make firefox fit in better with the new Zune theme for XP

I’m now using a combination of the AnyColor addon, and the Strata Human (Orange) theme to achieve this, an it looks great!

4. raheel October 26, 2008 6:52 pm

I love the Google Chrome Ad Link…

• Percy Cabello October 26, 2008 9:55 pm

so, did you click on it?

5. dezenho October 26, 2008 8:18 pm

NASA Night Launch

6. Lan October 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Perry Cabello:
    you forgot to add AEROFOX

7. Mysterius October 27, 2008 4:01 am

I also nominate NASA Night Launch. I especially appreciate the customization options, active development, and avoidance of glossy buttons everywhere.

8. Dark Themes para Firefox | El webmaster.net October 27, 2008 6:46 am

[...] los que gustan de los estilos de pantalla dark, encontré esta selección de temas de pantalla dark para Firefox en MozillaLinks, estos son solo [...]

9. Ben W October 27, 2008 8:52 am

Is there any dark theme that does NOT alter the tabs?

I like to use the ColorfulTabs theme but every dark theme I’ve tried stopped it working.

Thanks,

10. Bren October 27, 2008 9:15 am

Too bad that you have to ‘buy’ Aerofox to get the full theme. It’s crap as it is now.

11. Hiqutipie October 27, 2008 10:45 am

RedShift & Bloodfire are the best dark themes for me but they haven’t been updated yet…But they are the best I have used…

12. Brad October 27, 2008 11:01 am

What happens when a theme completely hoses your Firefox? I’m guessing I have to re-install. (typing this from IE, looking for answers)

• lb October 28, 2008 8:53 pm

YEah most of these hose my firefox :( just launch in firefox in “safe mode” and select a working theme and restart.

13. Programas Livres | PROGRAMAS LIVRES October 27, 2008 12:47 pm

[...] com o tema escuro que escolheram para o vosso sistema, vão querer dar uma vista de olhos à selecção de temas escuros, para o Firefox, feita pelo Mozillalinks.org. Partilhar [...]

14. Pasate al “lado oscuro” en Firefox | Punto Geek October 27, 2008 4:40 pm

[...] de buena manera a la recopilación de themes “oscuros” para Firefox que han armado en Mozilla Links. En la lista encontrarán 6 themes con diseño oscuro muy [...]

15. bubbly October 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi… Can anyone reply as to how to uninstall a theme by using the Firefox profile folder. My FF crashes as soon as I open it, because of a new theme that I had installed. Since it crashes as soon as I start FF, I cannot uninstall the theme from the Tools –> Add-on manager step.

16. Top 6 Dark Firefox 3 Themes You Should Download Now October 28, 2008 5:57 am

[...] you are someone who loves a great dark Firefox 3 theme, then here is a amazing list for you. Mozillalinks has put together have put together a list of 6 great Firefox 3 themes you should download right [...]

17. GUIDA HARDWARE October 28, 2008 8:54 am

[...] estensioni, possiamo rendere il nostro browser più elegante. Una panoramica dei temi la trovate a questo indirizzo, scegliete quello che più vi piace e sprigionate il lato oscuro di firefox! Share and Enjoy: [...]

18. Hannes October 28, 2008 11:49 am

2nd vote for NASA NIGHT LAUNCH!!! – for its streamlined interface, no well designed alternatives on the whole web

19. El lado oscuro de Firefox — maclatino.com October 28, 2008 4:52 pm

[...] gustan los looks Dark, les compartimos una serie de temas para Firefox al estilo Dark Side, desde aquí pueden descargarlos. La imagen que acompaña la nota es de una nebulosa, me parece interesante el [...]

20. Eric H October 29, 2008 4:20 pm

look at areo fox

21. “El lado oscuro” de Firefox » Komunidad November 2, 2008 3:18 pm

[...] se aplica de buena manera a la recopilación de themes “oscuros” para Firefox que han armado en Mozilla Links. En la lista encontrarán 6 themes con diseño oscuro muy [...]

22. Stijn March 3, 2009 6:08 am

NASA Night Launch everywhere I use Firefox.

23. pps March 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Nice themes but Blue Fox is the best for me! :)