Have you noticed the new Google search favicon? I am not sure if Google intends to keep it forever but I like the refresh.
You can update the Firefox’s default Google search plugin to show the new Google search icon:
- Locate the searchplugins folder in your Firefox install folder. (typically C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ on Windows).
- Open the google.xml file with a text editor.
- Locate a section that starts with <Image width=”16″ height=”16″>. You will see it is followed by a long series of characters (the encoded Google icon).
- Replace it with this equally unreadable code: the new encoded Google icon. Ensure the closing </Image> stays there.
- Save the file and restart Firefox.
Enjoy a fresh new Google search icon!