Firefox 3 Beta 4 now available for download

Firefox 3 Beta 4: the robot has launched

Mozilla has released Firefox 3 Beta 4 in more than forty languages for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Beta 4 feels rock solid but remember that it is a development version and things may go wrong. You may want to backup your profile just in case things may go wrong.

Make sure to read the complete Firefox 3 Beta 4 review to learn what’s new and how to get the best out of its new features.

Firefox 3 Beta 4 release notes.

1. Nitikul March 11, 2008 4:23 am

Noting special

2. I <3 Firefox 3 « Become A Robot March 11, 2008 11:59 am

[...] Firefox The 4th beta version of Firefox 3 is out, and it’s impressive. I can’t say I’m pleased with the new designs for some of [...]

3. Gsry March 11, 2008 12:32 pm

I want the FF3 I DON’T want the google

4. Sprocket999 March 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Minor improvement over 3v3b (Mac). Very smooth. What I DON’T like?

* ‘Blue’ highlight around the URLBAR and Google search zone. (Can that be changed via a trip into ‘about:config’?)

* Goofy BACK button. What — are we three years old?? Return to previous one, please — at least for the adults among us.

Other than that — nice work!

5. Sprocket999 March 11, 2008 6:22 pm

OK. I take HALF of what I said back (LOL). That enormous BACK button is OK. I now realize that this is the common visual identifying thread on 2 out of 3 Firefox products.

My last statement regarding the gawd-awful ‘blue’ tinge around the URLBAR and the Google ‘diamond’ really would look best in MY world as Graphite — loike the rest of my UI is set to.

BTW: Running this on a G4 (PPC) PowerBook 1.5Ghz on OS 10.4.9 and it is VERY smooth. AFAIC you can finish up with beta 3v5 and release as finished. I’m loving this!!!

6. xmRipper March 12, 2008 4:41 am

Damn.
    I want an option for firefox 2 style address bar >:(

7. Ilcus Iacob March 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Is tere anything that FF can do! I’m waiting for like ever to see xml in FF so far …. Zip IS FF v3.4 any good ?

8. Roahn March 16, 2008 2:01 am

pretty nifty, I like how it asks save your tabs when you quit