Firefox 3 Beta 3 available for download

Firefox 3 Beta 3 robot

As planned, Mozilla has released Firefox 3 Beta 3.

Before rushing to try it keep in mind it is intended mainly for developers and enthusiasts who don’t mind making a backup to minimize data loss risk and living with some bugs for the pleasure of living on the edge and being called an early adopter.

You may also want to know about some current known issues that may affect you. The new Yahoo! Mail interface and Windows Live Mail not working due to some Firefox and server bugs seem to be the most relevant right now. You can optionally go back to Yahoo! Mail Classic and Hotmail while bugs get squeezed.

Read the Firefox 3 Beta 3 review to get ready. Then download it from Mozilla. Available in more than 30 languages for Mac, Windows and Linux.

1. gman February 13, 2008 12:08 am

I believe they also updated the about:mozilla page.

Mammon slept. And the beast reborn spread over the earth and its numbers grew legion. And they proclaimed the times and sacrificed crops unto the fire, with the cunning of foxes. And they built a new world in their own image as promised by the sacred words, and spoke of the beast with their children. Mammon awoke, and lo! it was naught but a follower.

from The Book of Mozilla, 11:9
    (10th Edition)

2. Mani Karthik February 13, 2008 2:17 am

Yaaaay! Looking forward to it. Downloading right away.

3. Alvin Brinson February 13, 2008 2:34 am

Still does not function correctly if Windowblinds is installed on a Vista system. Apparently this is one of those “blockers” that they’ve decided are not “blockers”, but it is a serious f’ing problem.

4. David February 13, 2008 5:36 am

It’s pretty amazing how they manage to get 34 languages out for a beta! :D IE, suck on that!

5. dan s. February 13, 2008 6:50 am

I can’t believe how much faster it is! Really amazing.

6. dan s. February 13, 2008 6:51 am

… faster than version 2, that is.

7. dbcooper February 13, 2008 6:53 am

Hi Percy, the new yahoo mail interface works for me with beta 3 now. Perhaps the server I’m on has been updated? I get full functionality though – spell check, seemingly everything.

8. Firefox 3 Beta 3 | Open Mania February 13, 2008 12:55 pm

[...] ver mais no MozillaLinks e na Mozilla. Se gostou deste post então por favor subscreva ao RSS feed do Open Mania. Também [...]

9. nuer February 13, 2008 1:04 pm

@Jarek : I’m so agree with you !! The theme is ugly (especially the icons) under XP and the new adress bar is wasteful :( I heart to much communications about UI from moz guys so I’m really disappointed about the work done on that.

10. xMort February 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Nice features, excelent beta. But where is my form viewer from Page Info? I like that feature in old versions. Is this dialog somewhere else or it’s just been take away?

• sid May 17, 2008 12:32 am

I second that; I miss the form viewer also. Please bring it back!

11. SOARER February 13, 2008 6:38 pm

impossible de mettre correcteur d orthographe sur firefos 3B3

12. Marcus February 13, 2008 7:53 pm

I HATE THE NEW ICONS. Sorry, I’ve been sitting on that for a while, trying to convince myself that they’re OK. But they’re not. They’re not even rendered properly, there’s jaggies everywhere. And it doesn’t sit properly aligned either. Its too to the bottom and too far from the top. Yuck.

13. amir ikram February 14, 2008 1:19 pm

IT IS FIRE FOX IS VERY GOOD

14. pereira February 15, 2008 6:14 am

pourquoi le programe n’est pas en fgrançais

15. KAMON PHOCHALUAY February 17, 2008 12:37 am

I LOVE Firefox

16. Now on Firefox v3 | Ugh!!'s Greymatter Honeypot February 17, 2008 2:53 pm

[...] I’ve done the deed and installed Firefox v3 beta 3.  It seems pretty stable, haven’t had any issues in the 5 minutes I’ve been running it, [...]

17. MKx February 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Great release. Bookmarks Search is a great feature I *really* wanted for a long time in FF2. One thing could be missing is that in search results, it doesn’t show the link location in the bookmarks ‘tree’.

18. baz February 24, 2008 6:32 am

A Definite improvement on v2.
    Takes a while to fire up, but pages load instantly and smoothly. The added security features are also a bonus.
    Only small problem I’ve seen is when signing in to forums etc on a web page, part of the height of the text is hidden?
    Other than that a thumbs up here :)

19. efren jasso February 27, 2008 4:47 pm

very good, safer, faster than ever THANK YOU. GRACIAS.

20. Ehmid Velic March 6, 2008 12:44 pm